Sunday, February 7, 2016

[Finished Mod] Nerf Stryfe Tactical Tan

So I actually finished this one a while ago, but I didn't have a blog then.

It's received a full 18 AWG re-wire, a new deans connector, a Worker battery door screw, and a paint job. To do the paint job I used Dupli-Color vinyl dye in tan and black, and, for 'tacticool-ness' Rustoleum brand rubber on the grips of the blaster and the vertical fore-grip.To protect the paint job I then gave it a Dupli-Color brand matte acrylic enamel.I don't have a chronograph, but I can say this thing shoots hard. On average the darts travel between 100'-120', and, with my 7.2v NI-MH airsoft battery, the motors stay super-critical no matter how fast I dump the magazine.

Unfortunately, since Nerf has discontinued the Stryfe, I can't offer these on My Etsy Store, but a Modulus ECS-10 or a Demolisher (both of which I do offer) will get nearly identical results. All-in-all I'm pretty happy with the way this one turned out, but I still want to do one to match the rest of my loadout.

No comments:

Post a Comment