Monday, February 8, 2016

[WIP] Rapidstrike Primary Build

First things first, I need a name for this blaster. Something ferocious, but not stupid. Oh, well, moving on...
striped dinosaur nerf rapidstrike
striped dinosaur nerf rapidstrike
This thing is running a full set of 3 180 motors, that's right 3 over-sized after market motors. I also gave it a full 18 AWG re-wire, a deans connector, and a set of worker flywheels. I don't currently have it wired and running, I'm still waiting on the 3D printed firing grip assembly from Blaster Smiths UK. I'm also putting a custom metal barrel with a muzzle flash hider (not that it needs it, I just think it looks cool) in it.

Even though it's not wired I can say that it has a Rate Of Fire (ROF from here on out) of aprx. 550 rounds per minute, which I am very happy with. Originally I was using the stock motors, and it got around 350 rounds per minute. So the real goal of this build (higher ROF) has already been achieved.

It's also sporting its new look; black stripes with a yellow on the bottom fading into a dark green on top, rubberized grips, and an extremely durable matte clear coat. I'm really loving this color scheme, its vague "dinosuar-ish-ness" is very striking and commands a lot of attention.

I've always loved the rapidstrike, and I've been telling myself ever since it came out that I would eventually mod it properly. I'm just sad it's taken this long to do. I am offering Custom Painted Nerf Rapidstrikes on My Etsy Store, but, due to their retirement, there aren't many people who are going to be getting these.

Still waiting for parts to come in, so I guess that's all for this post. But I'm looking forward to a review of BSUK's firing assembly and a post with more pictures (and maybe a video) of my fully finished rapidstrike.

No comments:

Post a Comment